The Macedonia Police Department was established in 1905. In 1927, the first full time Marshall, Floyd McRitchie used his own vehicle, an Essex Super Six Speedster.
The City now has 14 fully equipped cruisers and 26 sworn officers. The Police Department shares the City Center with the city Administration offices on Valley View Road.
The Department has a well trained Detective Bureau.