* To reduce crime and the fear of crime.
* To provide high-quality, cost-effective and accountable services to the citizens of unincorporated Clackamas County and our contract cities.
* To be mindful of the goals of the Sheriff's Office and do the right thing, for the right reason—often without need of guidance provided in other directives.
* Establish a solid partnership with citizens in our efforts to create a safe and secure community.
* Establish a standard of performance for which we strive—one predicated upon total professional commitment to law-enforcement service and the general well-being of the community.
* To provide thorough and appropriate Sheriff's Office investigations.
* To provide efficient and effective Sheriff's Office administration, and support the career needs of Sheriff's Office personnel.