First and foremost, the Rapid City Police Department will continue its commitment to provide quality protection and service to Rapid City citizens and visitors.
* We will employ an ample number of qualified, professionally trained personnel to meet the needs of our community.
* We will promote the philosophy and practice of community policing through selected crime prevention programs and police-community partnership efforts.
* We will focus on solving problems as opposed to reporting incidents.
* We will continue to diligently investigate and prosecute those who commit crimes against persons or property, while ensuring the protection of everyone's civil rights.
* We will develop and maintain a progressive police culture within the Department that adapts to and addresses the growing concerns of society.
* We will meet the challenges that changing times place on law enforcement, as we have in the past, with dedication and commitment to doing the job right on behalf of our citizens and our recognized duty to justice.
* We will protect and defend our community and nation against threats and acts of terrorism.